- Cougar Ridge has animals; Alpacas, Horses, Donkeys & Ducks. The lodge cat is Patty Cakes, and the lodge dog is Bronco, who is super friendly. Thor, our prized longhorn, is a brute.
- We have Rainbow Trout in the Ranch House Pond – at times, up to 10 + pounds.
- We have a small orchard with Cherry, Pear & Apple trees.
- We have 7 casitas and a Ranch House along with The Grand Lodge.
- The Ranch House is perfect for a BBQ evening or party. Our fire pit is surrounded by Red Rock Cliffs and a Pond, and is incredible for tall tales and smores at night. EERIE on a full Moon!
- The Grand Lodge has learning activities including photography, painting, wood and rock carving, cooking, beer and winemaking, and horse training. MUST make an advance reservation for these activities.
- It’s fun to walk around the property, see the sights and interact with the animals. Pet Thor, our Longhorn w/ 7’ horns! Bronco will tag along. About 1-mile round trip.
- It’s rare, but you might see a cougar traversing our property. We have 20 – 30 + of them roaming around our greater area.
- Most nights we have deer roaming around and feasting on the alfalfa.
- We’re tucked away in a secluded valley with incredible views, but 5 minutes to 4 great restaurants and several cafes.
- Torrey has art galleries with local artwork & sculptures. Our area is a haven for photography and painting.
- Torrey has approx. 185 permanent residents, but about 1 million visitors come through every year, mostly from March thru October.
- Torrey is at 7,000 ft elevation and dry. Drink lots of water.
- Our Garden is 25’ x 80’. We have a variety of veggies and herbs. Guests can pick their own when they choose our “Grill Your Own” on the deck option.
- We consistently have a high quality water supply coming from springs on Thousand Lakes.
- The Grand Lodge is approximately 25,000 sq ft and is constructed with local sandstone that our family stone business quarried and layed up.
- A favorite at Cougar Ridge is our “private” Rodeo. Local cowboys and cowgirls do calf roping and barrel racing. They’ll teach you how to rope (sign a waiver) and how they train their horses.
- Cougar Ridge is 10 minutes from the start of Capitol Reef National Park.
- We have approx. 25 acres of alfalfa fields for the animals to roam in.
- The Cougar Ridge property was acquired 30 years ago by the Bagley Family, from Don Cook, a longtime resident and Mayor of Torrey.
- The Ranch House was constructed in 2000. The Grand Lodge in 2010 and 7 Casitas in 2016.
- Along with our current facilities and 40 acres, we have 17 more buildings planned and have started construction.
- The additions include a Health Center with Spa, Resort Center with a Restaurant, a Pavillion, Conference Center, a Bar, 13 more 3 bedroom Casitas and a Pool and Hot Tubs.
- Our property is a mini working ranch. If you want to help feed, plow, bale hay, clean corrals, drive and operate equipment, etc., sign the waiver – I love free labor!
- Finally, stay a week. You’ll have exciting days – every day – and won’t have to pack up and go every night. We can help with all your activities:
– Make day trips to other National Parks/Escalante/Lake Powell if you like.
– Canyoneering; Hiking (including arches and slot canyons); Horse Riding; Llama hikes; Fishing; Hunting; Jeep Tours; etc.
– We’ll take you places and show you things one night visitors can’t enjoy.